Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Go Big or Go Home


Heard about the Affiliate Summit Gambler Contest? It's a great opportunity for affiliates to show what they're made of. In addition to an all expenses paid trip to Affiliate Summit in January, you get some cash. How much is the part that has me salivating!

You can put $1,000 in your pocket and walk away happy. Or, you can get $2,000 to show what you're made of. Thanks to my favorite CPA network, you can double your cash if you've got the guts to throw it all down on the table on a single hand of blackjack or one spin of the roulette wheel. Take option #2 and you've got just under a 50% chance of walking away with $4,000 ($5,000 on blackjack) or nothing at all.

Sounds like the spirit of affiliate marketing, doesn't it? Throw caution to the win and take the big chance that you can double what you're doing. Well, only if you are setting your sights too low.

Should I win the contest, I'll ask for a slight exception to the rules. I don't want to bet red/black. Trying for $4,000 in free money doesn't qualify as reaching for the stars -- but holding your breath and going for $72,000 would certainly make for a noteworthy trip, don't you think? I'd want to put it all down on lucky 13, taking that 2.7% chance that I'd have that nice stack of $5,000 chips in my pocket making it look like I was happy to see you.

You see, that's really the key to success in affiliate marketing. You've got to think big and then strive to get there. This is an industry that's only a decade old, and even then only really took off in the past four or five years. Yet, we boast a boatload of millionaires who work out of the spare bedroom and companies far from Wall Street's view with 9-figure revenues. You don't get there by playing it safe and aspiring for an extra thousand or two. You get there by having big a vision, working harder and being more creative than the next guy (who sometimes has a chip stack 100 times the size of yours), and daring to take big risks. Doesn't matter where you start; it's where you finish that counts.

I'm not some pussy who's going to spend all week holding a blog poll asking a bunch of Beavises whether I should put it on red or black. And if you can't stick around at a $1,000/hand blackjack table long enough for your drink to arrive, then what's the friggin' point? Go big or go home. One spin - lucky #13. Give me the $2,000 and I'll show you how it's done!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Matt Czarnek said...

Interesting.. I'd argue that typically you should at least try to play where you've got a shot. After all most people still wouldn't be likely to start-up businesses knowing that they have a 2.7% chance at losing would they?

Interesting take though.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!Houston Home Security

 

Post a Comment

<< Home